April 10, 2009
By Andrew C. Schneider
Looking forward to Congress lifting the ban on travel to Cuba? Well, don't make plans yet. It's likely to happen, but not as soon as you think...unless you're a Cuban-American with family on the island.
Congress won't rush to end the 46-year-old embargo on American visits to the island (minus a brief lifting by President Carter), despite predictions to the contrary.
Click here to read this article in its entirety...
- ► 2013 (460)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
04/05 - 04/12
- From the Elected Members of the Cuban-American Com...
- On Cuba, Obama must first think of Latin America –...
- Don't Buy Your Ticket to Cuba Just Yet
- Cuba After Castro
- News Conference on U.S. Policy Toward Cuba
- Possible Cuba Policy Changes Spark Debate
- Congressional Black Caucus Members Should Have Vis...
- Debate on NPR
- Coddling Cuba
- Cuban PAC blasts CBC trip as 'embarrassment'
- Just when you think it can't possibly get worse......
- Lawmakers' Cuba concerns are misplaced
- Congressional Black Caucus Urged To Visit Afro-Cub...
- State Department Press Briefing - Ambassador Jeffr...
- Bail out Cuba? No way!
- ▼ 04/05 - 04/12 (16)