Chritian Science Monitor Editorial Board April 10, 2009
On Cuba, Obama must first think of Latin America – and democracy
The region's democracies need to be defended, as does US nurturing of liberty
How to deal with Cuba has vexed US presidents since communist Fidel Castro took power in 1959. Now it is President Obama's turn. But this time, more than US-Cuban ties are at stake.
In coming days, Mr. Obama's actions toward the island state will reveal if he will be an active democracy promoter in global affairs, much like presidents before him.
Click here to read this article in its entirety...
at 7:15 AM Saturday, April 11, 2009
- ► 2013 (471)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
04/05 - 04/12
- From the Elected Members of the Cuban-American Com...
- On Cuba, Obama must first think of Latin America –...
- Don't Buy Your Ticket to Cuba Just Yet
- Cuba After Castro
- News Conference on U.S. Policy Toward Cuba
- Possible Cuba Policy Changes Spark Debate
- Congressional Black Caucus Members Should Have Vis...
- Debate on NPR
- Coddling Cuba
- Cuban PAC blasts CBC trip as 'embarrassment'
- Just when you think it can't possibly get worse......
- Lawmakers' Cuba concerns are misplaced
- Congressional Black Caucus Urged To Visit Afro-Cub...
- State Department Press Briefing - Ambassador Jeffr...
- Bail out Cuba? No way!
- ▼ 04/05 - 04/12 (16)