HAVANA, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Ailing Cuban leader Fidel Castro said the US government misinformed Americans and the world about 9/11, echoing conspiracy theories about the terror attacks against the United States six years ago.
In an essay read by a Cuban television presenter on Tuesday night, Castro said the Pentagon was hit by a rocket, not a plane, because no traces were found of its passengers.
"Today one knows there was deliberate misinformation," wrote Castro, who has not appeared in public since July of 2006 when life-threatening surgery for a secret illness forced him to hand over power to his brother Raul Castro.
"Studying the impact of planes, similar to those that hit the Twin Towers, that had accidentally fallen on densely populated cities, one concludes that it was not a plane that crashed into the Pentagon," Castro said.
"Only a projectile could have caused the geometrically round hole that allegedly was made by the plane," he said.
"We were fooled like the rest of the planet's inhabitants," he wrote.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
05/10 - 05/17
- Cuba Debated in New Mexico
- The Common DNA of Tyrannies, Pt. 2
- The Common DNA of Tyrannies
- The Senate's Nameless Cuban Journalists
- Solidarity with Cuban Writers and Journalists
- Unfortunately, This Is Not a Joke
- DepSec Steinberg's Own Words
- Apartheid's Merchants
- ATTENTION Senator Shameless
- Antunez Prepares For Stage Two of Protest
- The Most Selfish Member of Congress
- History Lesson for Insulza
- Senator Menendez Asks Tough Questions of OAS
- Secretary Clinton On Democracy In The Americas
- A Compelling Look at Cuba's Reality
- Radio Bolivar or Miranda?
- Frustration in Arkansas
- Berta Antunez on CNN (In Spanish)
- And At The Capitol Visitors Center...
- Today On The Hill
- Look Both Ways Before Crossing
- Memo to Castro: Freedom of the Press is Good
- Does This Sound Like a Vacation Destination?
- The Cuban Regime's Credibility Quandary
- Insulza, Castro's Regional Lobbyist
- How the End of East Germany Began
- Mother's Day Recognition
- 10 Years After Governor Ryan's Visit to Castro
- Meet the U.S. Chamber's Prospective Business Partn...
- ▼ 05/10 - 05/17 (29)