Washington, DC - Congressmen Lincoln Diaz-Balart (R-FL), Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) and Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL) today issued the following statement concerning the announcement made by the Obama Administration that it will renew "migration talks" with the Cuban dictatorship:
"The United States suspended the "migration talks" with the Cuban dictatorship in January, 2004 because the Cuban regime refused to comply with basic aspects of the Migration Accord of 1995. The Cuban regime continues to violate the Accord by denying hundreds of exit permits annually to Cuban nationals who have received visas to enter the United States. The Obama Administration should first insist that the Castro dictatorship complies with the Accord before renewing "talks." Regrettably, this constitutes another unilateral concession by the Obama Administration to the dictatorship."
- ► 2013 (558)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
05/17 - 05/24
- The Cuban People's View On Migration
- What If Iran Was The World's Only Nuclear Nation?
- Menendez On Migration
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 6
- Migration Policy Background*
- Migration Talks On Deck
- Save What?
- Let The Cyber-Revolution Begin
- Senator Baucus' Trivialized "Facts"
- Petition For Aung San Suu Kyi's Release
- Antunez: A 21st Century Nelson Mandela
- Senator Lugar's Nuanced Stance On The OAS
- Attention Senator Baucus, Protect U.S. Farmers
- Another Serrano Tantrum
- NJ State Assembly: No Normalization With Cuba
- Congressional Dear Colleague
- In The Senate Record
- The 107th Anniversary of the Republic of Cuba
- The Impact Of Tourism In Cuba
- U.S. Cop Killer Remains In Cuba
- Watch Yesterday's Cuba Solidarity Event
- Cuba Continues To Aid Terrorists
- Attention (Again) Senator Shameless
- True Independence For Cuba
- Congressman Meek Offers Antunez Support
- Clinton: No OAS For Castro
- In the Congressional Record
- Congressman Tiahrt On CAMBIO
- Kendrick on Cuban Independence
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 5
- Global Cuba Solidarity Movement
- Even Jim Cramer Is Bearish On Havana
- Cuba's Opposition Rejects OAS Efforts
- Cuba Event Tomorrow
- Cuban Church Leader Faces Trial
- Attention Chamber and Farm Bureau!
- Death Toll In Cuba's Prisons
- An Endearing Description
- 50 Years Of A Failed Policy
- The Spirit of Jose Marti
- Cuba Is 91.5 Times More Repressive Than China
- Will The Lights Stay On At the OAS?
- Cuba's Online Superstar
- Reformers From Within?
- The Bipolar Mr. Castro
- Memo to Cargill: Just Wait And See What Castro Has...
- The Day The West Betrayed Democracy
- ▼ 05/17 - 05/24 (47)