Congressman Marion Berry of Arkansas should count his blessings that he and his family were born in a free and democratic country, and have never suffered under the yoke of tyranny and repression.
As President Abraham Lincoln wisely said, "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it."
Fortunately, Congressman Berry's indifference to the freedom of the Cuban people stands in stark contrast to the historic views and principles of the American people, which is what makes this country so great.
Congressman Berry's quote in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette:
Rep. Marion Berry appeared at news conferences held by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and by House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Rep. Charlie Rangel of New York. Both promoted an easing of trade restrictions with the island nation [Cuba].
"We've got our hands full running our own government," Berry said in an interview. "It does not work for us to be prancing around the world telling people how to run their countries."
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
05/10 - 05/17
- Cuba Debated in New Mexico
- The Common DNA of Tyrannies, Pt. 2
- The Common DNA of Tyrannies
- The Senate's Nameless Cuban Journalists
- Solidarity with Cuban Writers and Journalists
- Unfortunately, This Is Not a Joke
- DepSec Steinberg's Own Words
- Apartheid's Merchants
- ATTENTION Senator Shameless
- Antunez Prepares For Stage Two of Protest
- The Most Selfish Member of Congress
- History Lesson for Insulza
- Senator Menendez Asks Tough Questions of OAS
- Secretary Clinton On Democracy In The Americas
- A Compelling Look at Cuba's Reality
- Radio Bolivar or Miranda?
- Frustration in Arkansas
- Berta Antunez on CNN (In Spanish)
- And At The Capitol Visitors Center...
- Today On The Hill
- Look Both Ways Before Crossing
- Memo to Castro: Freedom of the Press is Good
- Does This Sound Like a Vacation Destination?
- The Cuban Regime's Credibility Quandary
- Insulza, Castro's Regional Lobbyist
- How the End of East Germany Began
- Mother's Day Recognition
- 10 Years After Governor Ryan's Visit to Castro
- Meet the U.S. Chamber's Prospective Business Partn...
- ▼ 05/10 - 05/17 (29)