At yesterday's Council of the America's conference at the State Department:
We have requested an additional $320 million in the 2010 budget to support democratic governance in the Western Hemisphere. As President Obama has made clear, we look forward to the day when every country in the Americas, including Cuba, can participate in our hemispheric partnerships in a manner that is consistent with the principles of the Inter-American Democratic Charter.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
05/10 - 05/17
- Cuba Debated in New Mexico
- The Common DNA of Tyrannies, Pt. 2
- The Common DNA of Tyrannies
- The Senate's Nameless Cuban Journalists
- Solidarity with Cuban Writers and Journalists
- Unfortunately, This Is Not a Joke
- DepSec Steinberg's Own Words
- Apartheid's Merchants
- ATTENTION Senator Shameless
- Antunez Prepares For Stage Two of Protest
- The Most Selfish Member of Congress
- History Lesson for Insulza
- Senator Menendez Asks Tough Questions of OAS
- Secretary Clinton On Democracy In The Americas
- A Compelling Look at Cuba's Reality
- Radio Bolivar or Miranda?
- Frustration in Arkansas
- Berta Antunez on CNN (In Spanish)
- And At The Capitol Visitors Center...
- Today On The Hill
- Look Both Ways Before Crossing
- Memo to Castro: Freedom of the Press is Good
- Does This Sound Like a Vacation Destination?
- The Cuban Regime's Credibility Quandary
- Insulza, Castro's Regional Lobbyist
- How the End of East Germany Began
- Mother's Day Recognition
- 10 Years After Governor Ryan's Visit to Castro
- Meet the U.S. Chamber's Prospective Business Partn...
- ▼ 05/10 - 05/17 (29)