The Christian Science Monitor's lead story, Cuba and US Inch Closer, begins with the following statement:
"The two countries agree to talk about immigration policy. It is the second significant overture Obama has made to Cuba in two months."
The question remains: What is the first significant step made by Cuba's regime?
Thus far, the Cuban regime has agreed to "talk" about the Migration Accords (which they've refused to adhere to since 1995) and to "talk" about direct mail (which the U.S. authorized in 1992, but the Cuban regime has refused to allow).
The Cuban people anxiously await.
- ► 2013 (470)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
05/31 - 06/07
- Hillary Orders Spy "Damage Assessment"
- The Cuban Intelligence Threat
- Can the Castro Regime Be Trusted With Our National...
- Postpone Migration Talks, Account for Damage by Sp...
- Justice Department on Arrest of Cuban Spies
- The Perils of Indifference
- Hillary: U.S. Wasn't Snubbed in OAS
- The Crime of Illegal Exit
- Senators: Don't Allow Telecom Regs to Censor
- The OAS Didn't Get Obama's Memo
- A Day of Tragic Contrasts (In 3 Continents)
- Shannon's "Statesmanship" Buried the Charters
- Timely Bipartisan Legislation to Defund the OAS
- White House on OAS
- Bob Menendez on OAS
- Kendrick Meek on OAS
- Mel Martinez on OAS
- Bill Nelson on OAS
- Tear Up the Inter-American Democratic Charter
- A Disservice to Hillary
- Raul Further Consolidates Business (For Himself)
- Blogging Behind Bars
- New Hunger Strikes
- Hillary Leaves Honduras, No Cuba Consensus
- The State Security Factor
- An Interesting Comparison
- Hillary in Honduras
- Another Dictatorial Farce
- Pastors Arrested for "Social Danger"
- Martinez to OAS: Stay Strong on Principles
- An Important Reminder
- High-Drama at the OAS
- Human Rights Watch to OAS: "Maintain Suspension of...
- In Hillary's Own Words
- Microsoft's Mistake
- Castro's Food Mafia
- Washington Post Opposes Cuba's OAS Bid
- Lock the Doors, Throw Away the Keys
- Waiting For a Significant Step From Havana
- Quote of the Day
- The OAS Battle Lines Are Drawn
- Statement on Renewed "Migration Talks"
- Let's "Talk" Direct Mail
- Cuba Wants to Talk, But Will They Comply?
- Like Caged Animals in a Zoo
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 7
- ▼ 05/31 - 06/07 (46)