On July 17th and 18th, the Ladies in White, the courageous mothers, wives, daughters and other relatives of Cuban political prisoners, staged a fast in solidarity with those prisoners in ill health. The fast culminated on July 18th with a public demonstration through the streets of Havana.
This picture was taken in front of Castro's Ministry of Basic Industries.
- ► 2013 (462)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
07/26 - 08/02
- Iranians Tried, Venezuelans Silenced
- Shhhh! Only Chavez Can Talk
- Raul Castro Looking to Arrest Himself
- Governor Beebe Tries to Save Face
- Dr. Darsi Ferrer on Cuban Apartheid
- Most Predictable Award Ever Given
- The "Island of Freedom"?
- China in the OAS?
- Ladies of Extraordinary Courage
- Europe's Last Ruling Communists Defeated
- Dear Chamber, Human Freedom is Priceless
- Castro's Bourgeois Mattresses
- Quote of the Week
- Dr. Darsi Ferrer on Hunger Strike
- General Honore's (Mis)Concept of a Failed State
- Another Boondoggle in Havana
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 12
- Congratulations Yoani!
- Governor Beebe's Trip: A Fool's Errand
- Useful Idiots v. Dog-and-Pony Show
- State Department Press Briefing
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 11
- The Reign of Raul "the Reformer"
- Dr. Darsi Ferrer Remains Imprisoned
- Anyone Think Insulza is Doing a Good Job?
- ▼ 07/26 - 08/02 (25)