Cuban star pitcher Yuniesky Maya Mendizula has been arrested by the Castro regime for trying to flee the island by sea. He was intercepted, along with some of his family members, by the Cuban authorities as they tried to depart from the island's southern coast.
According to Article 12 of the United Nation's International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which the Castro regime signed -- but refuses to respect -- on December 10th, 2007:
(1) Everyone lawfully within the territory of a State shall, within that territory, have the right to liberty of movement and freedom to choose his residence.
(2) Everyone shall be free to leave any country, including his own.
The U.N. should demand that the Castro regime respects the Cuban people's fundamental right of free movement.
- ► 2016 (490)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
07/12 - 07/19
- Zelaya's Psychic Intervention
- Catching Up to Cyrus the Great
- Quote of the Week
- Star Pitcher Arrested for "Illegal Exit"
- Barbara Lee's Economic Recovery Plan
- Berry, Berry Bad Business
- Congressional Letter on Ariel Sigler Amaya
- Same Laws, Different Tyrants
- Don't "Block" Macroeconomic Logic
- Illinois Congressman on Migration Talks
- U.S. State Department on Migration Talks
- Dorgan Auditions for Cuba's Censors
- Obama Waives Title III of LIBERTAD Act
- Beaten for Using a Tourist-Only Toilet
- Worst Country for Priests or Pastors
- An Obituary for Fidel Castro
- The Measure of Success for Migration Talks
- The Torchbearers of Democratic Values
- Martinez to Strongly Scrutinize Nominees
- Hillary's Not Fooled by Insulza
- The Tragic Tale of Xinjiang
- ▼ 07/12 - 07/19 (21)