This weekend, please make an effort to see this powerful movie.
Based on a true story, it highlights the heroic plight of Iranian women for their fundamental rights, not to mention of all Iranians for freedom and democracy.
EDITOR'S NOTE: I've had the privilege of working with the writer and director of this movie, Cyrus Nowrasteh, as well as with the producers, Mpower Pictures, on a screenplay about Cuba's historic political prisoners, known as The Plantados, and can attest to their unselfish dedication to just causes worldwide.
Here's a short preview.
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1043)
07/05 - 07/12
- The Stoning of Soraya M.
- Speaking Truth to Power
- Lula Swindles Brazil's Taxpayers
- Release Dr. Darsi Ferrer
- "Europe's Cuba" Marks Sad Anniversary
- A Family's Courage: The Siglers
- German Official Tells It Like It Is
- The Great Cuban Oil Myth Remains (a Myth)
- An Inspiring Tribute
- We Are All Omar Rodriguez Saludes
- Hillary's Globovision Comments on Cuba
- Ros-Lehtinen Proposes Amendment to Cut OAS Funding...
- Dorgan Seeks Frustrated Creditor Status
- Senator Martinez on the Honduran Crisis
- Mariela Castro's Freudian State of Mind
- A Cuban Hero's Challenge to the Hemisphere
- Insulza, Malice or Hypocrisy?
- Important Lesson From Robert McNamara
- Did the U.S. Embassy Prevent Zelaya's Legal Remova...
- Quote of the Day
- Be Wary of Unconditional Talks
- Fidel Ate All the Mangoes
- ▼ 07/05 - 07/12 (22)