"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Yesterday, the Spanish-language Univision network interviewed Colombian pop star Juanes about his preparatory visit, and upcoming "Peace Without Borders" concert this September 20th, in Havana, Cuba:
QUESTION: Did you have the opportunity to speak to, or did you ask to meet with, any dissidents?
JUANES: No, I did not have the opportunity. I can't become involved in those things, understand? I can't, as it's not my role. I am not a politician, I am not a foreign minister.
Therefore, Juanes will limit his interactions to the totalitarian dictatorship that is responsible for the torture, execution and imprisonment of hundreds of thousands of Cubans, and the exile of millions more.
In the end, Cuba's victims will only remember Juanes for his silence.
- ► 2013 (463)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
08/09 - 08/16
- CBS News Produces Propaganda
- Zimmern Eats Lobster in "Bizarre" Cuba
- Congratulations, Cesar!
- Seven Steps for Freedom in Burma (and Cuba)
- "Shut Up and Don't Dare Complain"
- The Dog-and-Pony Show for Tampa Trade
- The Wisdom of Zoe Valdes
- Dear Juanes, Remember Dr. King
- How Repressive is Raul's Regime?
- An Economic Play on Words
- White House on Aung San Suu Kyi
- Over 532 Opposition Leaders Arrested
- The Year of Cuba's Stubborn Ox
- The Antithesis of Juanes
- Message to Juanes: Don't Be a Tool
- White Gloves Only (or be Purged)
- Quote of the Decade
- Young Cuban Questions Power Structure
- ▼ 08/09 - 08/16 (18)