And it has nothing to do with Cuban-Americans, U.S. law or travel to Cuba.
Well, sort of.
Dissidents Refused Permission to Live With Wives
LA HABANA, Cuba, (Ana Aguililla, Cubanet) – Two dissidents have been told by authorities they cannot continue living with their wives in Havana because their identify cards list addresses elsewhere.
Jorge Luis Piloto González's official residence is given in San José de Las Lajas, but he was evicted on the grounds that the government needed the place. His wife, Ariadna Molino Barrios, owns a house in Havana's San Pedro neighborhood. Jesús Adolfo Reyes Sánchez, president of the Association of the Sons of the Virgin of Regla, is unable to live in the house in Regla which his wife has owned for 20 years because his official address is in Arroyo Naranjo.
Cubans need government permission to move from one town or city to another.
Where are all the organizations against family separation, in favor of family reunification, and all other variants, that were created in opposition to the 2004 regulations on family travel to Cuba?
Where are all the relentless advocates that argued that the Cuban family nucleus is sacred, and that by removing the 2004 regulations, the onus would be on the Castro regime and its reprehensible policies?
The 2004 regulations on family travel to Cuba are now history.
The answer: Making profits at their charter companies.
- ► 2013 (554)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
08/16 - 08/23
- Venezuelans Resist Chavez Indoctrination
- Joke Reflects Tragic Reality
- Trade Trumped Victims of Libyan Terror
- Iran, Cuba, Interpol (and Murder)
- Quote of the Week
- Raul's Private Marxist Farming
- Freedom Trumps Fruit Shortage
- Cuban Vice-President's Son Detained
- The Juanes Challenge Has Been Set
- Let's Talk About Family Separation
- May Afghan Democracy Trump Terror
- Cuba and the Surreal OAS
- Catholic Bishops Lose Another Follower
- Raul Castro's Political Philosophy
- More Gay Arrests (And Still No Mariela)
- Senator Webb's Trip to (Cuba-Like) Burma
- Pastor's Wife Faces Political Trial Today
- Paya Challenges the U.N. and O.A.S.
- One-Track Minds on Ag $ales to Castro
- The FARC, Fidel and Juanes Contradiction
- Quote(s) of the Week
- The Pain of an Unjustly Imprisoned Father
- ▼ 08/16 - 08/23 (22)