Yesterday, in the circus that has become the U.N. General Assembly, which is being held this week in New York, Venezuela's Hugo Chavez taunted President Obama:
"[Obama] spoke here and it no longer smells of sulphur," Mr. Chavez said, referring to comments he made about the "devil", George W. Bush, in 2006.
"Obama, come and join the socialists," he said. "We invite you to join the axis of evil."
In a new strategy, Chavez has replaced insults [towards Bush] with taunts [towards Obama].
- ► 2014 (344)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
09/20 - 09/27
- Congressional Report on Honduran Situation
- The Permanent Coup d' Etat
- Absurdity of the Week
- The Food and Freedom Campaign
- Chavez Taunts Obama
- Tyrants Are Liars, Exiles Aren't Crazy
- Who Benefited From Juanes Concert?
- Gorki's Record Signing Party Tonight!
- Juanes Experiences Castro's 1984
- State Department Denies Alarcon Visa
- What Castro Wants is Tourism
- Cuban-American Voting Trends
- Congressional Support for Easing Sanctions?
- Is This Who We Want to Normalize Relations With?
- Crossing Paths in Havana Airport
- Unilateral Concessions Don't Work
- The Morning After (With or Without Juanes)
- Congressional Cuba Forum Today
- The Reality Behind the Facade
- Gorki Unites All Cubans
- A Tale of Two Musicians
- ▼ 09/20 - 09/27 (21)