Letter to Juanes From the Family Members of Cuban Political Prisoners
Those of us writing this letter are family members of Cuban political prisoners that are enduring the pain of having our loved ones in prison for their ideas. The Cuban reality is very difficult to understand by those that have never suffered first-hand the deprivation of their freedom and basic human rights.
We ask that, using the platform that is being prepared for you and your colleagues in Revolutionary Square on September 20th, you call on the Cuban government to immediately and unconditionally release all of its political prisoners.
* Alejandrina García de la Riva, wife of Diosdado González Marrero, sentenced to 20 years.
* Magaly Broche de la Cruz, wife of Librado Linares García, 20 years.
* Elsa González Padrón, wife of Víctor Rolando Arroyo, 26 years.
* Elsa Morejón Hernández, wife of Oscar Elías Biscet González, 25 years.
* Aniley Puentes Varela, wife of Fidel Suárez Cruz, 20 years.
* Clara Lourdes Prieto Llorente, sister of Fabio Prieto Llorente, 20 years.
* Ana Margarita Perdigón Brito, sister of Raimundo Perdigón Brito, 4 years.
* Asunción Carrillo Hernández, mother of Iván Hernández Carrillo, 25 years.
* Julia Hernández Alemán, grandmother of Iván Hernández Carrillo, 25 years.
* María Esther Blanco Aguirre, wife of Próspero Gaínza Agüero, 25 years.
* Blanca González, mother of Normando Hernández González, 25 years.
* Reina Luisa Tamayo Danger, mother of Orlando Zapata Tamayo, 25 years.
* Milka María Peña Martínez, wife of Luis Enrique Ferrer García, 28 years.
* Melba Santana Ariz, wife of Alfredo Domínguez Batista, 14 years.
* Matilde Duportal, wife of Julián Antonio Monés Borrero, 3 years.
* Raúl De la Cruz Barthelemy, brother of Rodolfo Barthelemy Cobas, 15 years.
* Yusnaimy Jorge Soca, wife of Darsy Ferrer Ramírez, no trial.
* Gregoria Corrales Borges, mother of Luis Campos Corrales, 26 years.
* Margarito Broche Espinosa, released under temporary extra-penal license.
* Lourdes Esquivel Vieyto, wife of José Díaz Silva and mother of Ernesto Díaz Esquivel, both political prisoners, no trial.
* Suyoani Tapia Mayola, wife of Horacio Julio Piña Borrego, 20 years.
* Evangelina Mederos Arozarena, sister of Ernesto Mederos Arozarena, no trial.
* Idalmis Desdín Salgueiro, mother of Juan Luis Rodríguez Desdín, no trial.
* Odalis Martínez Pérez, wife of Ángel Luis Santiesteban Rodés, 6 months.
* Julia Antonia Ayala, mother of Aurelio Antonio Morales Ayala, 2 years and 9 months.
* Sabiel Ávila Caro, nephew of Luis Caro Chávez, 15 years.
* Aniurka Campos Díaz, cousin of Joel Cano Díaz, 20 years.
* Teresa Cuenca, mother of Andry Frómeta Cuenca, 27 years.
* Gladys Farah Estrada- Lázaro Alejandro García Farah, 25 years.
* Sabina Martín Gómez, sister of Carlos Martín Gómez, 14 years and 6 months.
* Ariel Ramos Acosta, son of Ignacio Ramos Valdés, 12 years.
* Mamiuska Rodríguez Serrano, wife of Orestes Paino Viera, no trial.
* Raúl Borges Álvarez, father of Ernesto Borges Pérez, 30 years.
* Rita María Montes de Oca Chirino, sister of Vladimir Alejo Miranda, no trial.
* Rebeca Rodríguez Souto, sister of Alfredo Pulido López, 14 years.
* Haydé Galbán Casals, mother of Ricardo Galbán Casals, 3 years.
* Ana Belkis Ferrer García, sister of José Daniel and Luis Enrique Ferrer García.
* Amelia García Vega, mother of José Daniel and Luis Enrique Ferrer García.
* Belkis Cantillo Ramírez, wife of José Daniel Ferrer García, 25 years.
* Catalina Cano Vergara, aunt of Marcelo Cano Rodríguez, 18 years.
* Bárbara Yurubí Dueñas, wife of Marcelo Cano Rodríguez, 18 years.
* Moralinda Paneque Martínez, mother of José Luis García Paneque, 24 years.
* Margarita Deulofeu Almirola, wife of Eduardo Díaz Fleitas, 20 years.
* Mariluz Almenares Almarales, mother of Leonel Grave de Peralta, 20 years.
* Nilza Rivas Hernández, wife of Benito Ortega Suárez, 11 years.
* Esther Benita Martín Prieto, mother of Armando de Jesús Medel Martín, 20 years.
* Quirenia Guerra Lugo, wife of Nelson Molinet Espino, 20 years.
* Tania Montoya Vázquez, wife of Raumel Vinajera Estibe, 5 years.
* Noris Morales Alonso, mother of Egberto Escobedo Morales, 20 years.
* Sahilí Navarro Álvarez, daughter of Félix Navarro Rodríguez, 25 years.
- ► 2014 (683)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
09/13 - 09/20
- Quote of the Week
- Only Courage Will "Inspire" Cubans
- No U.N. Meetings on Cuba
- Freedom Without Borders
- A Tragic Plea to Juanes
- The Juanes Repression Wave Begins
- Do Embargo Foes Think Obama is a Liar?
- The Truth Finally Comes Out
- Reciprocity Can't Be Stressed Enough
- Indicted Billionaire Lobbies for "Cultural" Ties
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 13
- For the Love of a Son
- Young Internet Activists Imprisoned
- Straight Talk on the Embargo
- Obama Renews "TWEA" Cuba Sanctions
- How Engaging Tyrants Damages Dissent
- Cubans, Burmese... And Now Iranians
- Raul's Biggest Political Reform to Date!
- A Taste of "Free Will"
- ▼ 09/13 - 09/20 (19)