Julio Santos Hernandez, a 31 year-old Cuban prisoner, died yesterday as a result of a brutal beating he received at the hands of military guards at the Provincial Prison of Pinar del Rio (Kilo 5 1/2).
The beating caused fractures in his cervical vertebrae and trachea.
This tragic news was confirmed to Radio Marti by former Cuban political prisoner, Raúl Luis Risco Pérez.
- ► 2013 (462)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
03/21 - 03/28
- Cartoon of the Week
- More Repression
- Have You Signed Yet?
- Have They No Shame?
- Quote of the Week
- My Bet is on the Future
- Farinas: Condemn and Isolate Dictatorship
- From The Washington Post's Editorial Board
- Statement From Shakira
- In Solidarity
- Constituent Letter to U.S. Rep. Cleaver
- Another Cuban Prisoner Murdered
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 19
- Cuban-American Members Commend Obama
- Obama Statement on Human Rights in Cuba
- First Come the Slogans
- Kudos to Google
- Congressional Leaders Urge Gross's Release
- State Department Honors Dr. Darsi Ferrer
- Gloria Estefan Leads March Thursday
- From General to General
- Fearsome Ladies
- The Writing on the Wall
- Cuba's Tourism "Entrepreneurs"
- A Must-Read Excerpt
- Reflecting the Views of the U.S. Government
- Bonus Quote of the Week
- Is Life Sacred in Cuba?
- Dutch Politician Slams Spain's Foreign Policy
- A Congressman's Poor Judgment
- The Risks of Virtual Protest
- Who are the "Castro Supporters"?
- ▼ 03/21 - 03/28 (32)
- ► 2009 (933)