This week, Cuban pro-democracy leader, Juan Carlos González Leiva, warned that as many as 10 political prisoners are at risk of permanently disability due to the lack of medical attention and abuses suffered in the Castro regime's prisons.
Please note that these dissidents were in perfect health at the time of their incarceration.
• Ariel Sigler Amaya, who has been left paralyzed and confined to a wheelchair.
• Antonio Villareal Acosta, who suffers from psychiatric disorders caused by his confinement.
• Normando Hernández González, who suffers from severe intestinal problems.
• Pedro Argüelles Morán, who is practically blind.
• Juan Carlos Herrera Acosta, who suffers various cardiac, respiratory, intestinal and other ailments.
• Dr. José Luís García Paneque, who suffers from spinal, kidney and respiratory ailments.
• Librado Linares García, who is partially blind and suffers from digestive and respiratory problems.
• Blas Giraldo Reyes Rodríguez, who suffers from kidney, circulatory, prostate and intestinal ailments.
• Próspero Gainza Agüero, who is nearly blind and suffers from intestinal and kidney problems.
• Fabio Prieto Llorente, who is hypertensive and suffers from allergies and digestive and respiratory problems.
Courtesy of Uncommon Sense.
- ► 2013 (477)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
05/23 - 05/30
- At Risk of Permanent Disability
- Point of the Week
- Criticism of "Pedro Pan" Documentary
- Obama's National Security Strategy
- Lobbying for Repression Profits
- More Activism (and Repression)
- Time for CAMBIO
- This is Not a Game of Risk
- No Due Process for Jailed American
- Release Them All
- Politico Playlist
- From Paris With Love
- Is Venezuela a State-Sponsor of Terror?
- Congressional Dear Colleague
- "Political" Art to Cheer
- The FARC's Geopolitical Base
- Chairman Castro's Dog
- Charlie Crist on Cuba Policy
- Getting Advice From BP
- A Victory for Zapata, Fariñas & the Ladies
- A Hint of Leadership?
- The State-Church Monologue
- Fariñas: Ball is on Castro's Court
- ▼ 05/23 - 05/30 (23)
- ► 2009 (933)