On this World Press Freedom Day, Paris-based Reporters Without Borders (RWB) released its annual list of 40 "Predators of Press Freedom."
They are 40 politicians, government officials, religious leaders, militias and criminal organizations that cannot stand the press, treat it as an enemy and directly attack journalists.
In Latin America, only four made this nefarious list: drug traffickers, the Cuban dictatorship, FARC and the paramilitary groups.
Click here to view in its entirety.
- ► 2015 (178)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
05/02 - 05/09
- Treatment of Journalist Worsens
- How to Control Pyongyang, Caracas & Havana
- Marco Rubio on Cuba Policy
- U.S. Rep. Barbara Lee's on Message
- Another 80-Year-Old General
- Tanner's Stacked Hearing
- The Paris Club's Second Largest Debtor
- No Reciprocated Goodwill
- Senate (Marti) Report Lacks Credibility
- The Return of Inspector Clouseau
- Narcos, Castro, FARC and Paramilitaries
- Military Summons for Repression
- Worst of the Worst
- What is Freedom?
- ▼ 05/02 - 05/09 (14)
- ► 2009 (933)