From an interview with famed Miami-based, Cuban rapper, Pitbull:
What's the most important lesson you want to pass on to your four kids?
The appreciation of hard work. The appreciation of opportunity. The appreciation of freedom. I want them to understand what it is to be a Cuban-American, a Latin American and how many people are losing their lives trying to get to the United States, trying to enjoy the American dream, the freedom that we have. I want my kids to know how hard I've worked for them. I want them to never lose their culture and never lose their hustle.
How do you keep the Cuban side alive in them?
Through food, through music, through language. By teaching them different sayings my grandma used to tell me: Dime con quien tu andas y te dire quien eres. Those couple of words really mean something. I'll always have their culture in their veins, in their blood, in their hearts.
Anything you want to do that you haven't done yet?
I'm dying for Cuba to be free so I can go over there.
- ► 2013 (455)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
05/09 - 05/16
- The Cuban Revolution is Over
- We Will Never Forget OZT
- Yoani Reveals Audio of Kidnapping
- Orlando Zapata's Tomb is Desecrated
- Doing Business With the Devil
- 160+ Arbitrary Arrests in April
- Cuban Special Forces in Ecuador?
- Zapata Twitter Campaign
- Quote (Thought) of the Year
- Who's in Charge in Venezuela?
- Spanish Artists for a Free Cuba
- The Cuba-China Oil Scare
- "Oscar's Cuba" Premiere Today
- Castro Sets New Sugar Record
- "Cultural Exchange" Questions
- Not a Happy Mother's Day
- Q&A With Pitbull
- It's Ecuador's Fault
- Obama Adviser: No Positive Movement by Castro
- The War Against Media
- On This Mother's Day
- ▼ 05/09 - 05/16 (21)
- ► 2009 (933)