Are we supposed to believe that the Castro regime, with its totalitarian control over movement and vast intelligence network, was unaware of 272 Somalis (some with potential terrorist ties) being smuggled to the U.S. through Cuba?
From the NY Daily News:
When the FBI and CIA worry about Americans signing up with Al Qaeda, they don't just hunt in the tribal belt on the Afghan-Pakistan border: They also look in East Africa.
Somalia's lawless capital of Mogadishu was the first battleground Al Qaeda picked to fight over with America in 1993 - and it ended with U.S. soldiers being dragged through the streets.
A secret war is again being waged there with Osama Bin Laden's latest jihadi ally, the al-Shabaab militant group.
It is that war that the two accused Jersey-born jihadists were heading toward when they were nabbed at JFK Saturday, officials allege [...]
On Friday, Anthony Joseph Tracy, 35, was set free after pleading guilty to human smuggling charges and serving several months in prison in a case shrouded in secrecy.
Tracy, a former informant for Immigration and Customs Enforcement and two U.S. intelligence agencies, was collared at JFK Airport last January. He copped to helping 272 Somalis illegally enter the U.S. from Kenya through Cuba but failed a lie detector test when he denied smuggling al-Shabaab fighters here, a source told the Daily News.
Now the FBI and ICE are hunting down at least 130 Somalis Tracy brought here out of fears some might have been from al-Shabaab, the source said.
- ► 2014 (948)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
06/06 - 06/13
- Neda: The Voice of a Nation
- Outrage of the Week
- No Change in EU's Cuba Policy
- Taking Over Venezuela
- Desperation Is No Substitute For Shame
- Challenge of the Day
- Sonny's Revelation: Castro's Broke
- Picture Perfect Protest
- Only Mercantilists Need Apply
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 21
- Another Tragic Anniversary
- Raul Castro is Not God
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 20
- More Provinces, "Illegals" and Arrests
- Political Prisoner Bleeding to Death
- Pro-Democracy Funding is Released
- Smuggling Terrorists Through Cuba
- Mexican Cartel Linked to Castro
- Is Cuba More Democratic Than Honduras?
- Yoani Spoke Too Soon
- ▼ 06/06 - 06/13 (20)
- ► 2009 (933)