With news of a complaint being filed by a prominent gay rights group against Cuban dictator Fidel Castro at the International Court of Justice in The Hague, please watch the following short video segment of the documentary "Extravagant Beings."
It highlights the life of Cuban poet and playwright Reinaldo Arenas, who famously stated:
"I'm a person here called dissident. In all senses because I'm not religious, I'm a homosexual and - at the same time - I'm anti-Castro. This means that I have all the conditions to never have a book published and to live at the margin of any society anywhere in the world."
Note the absolute disdain by Fidel Castro in his speech regarding Cuba's gay community.
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
08/29 - 09/05
- As Cash Flow Rises, So Does Repression
- Raul's Red Window-Dressing
- More Dissidents Arrested Than Released
- From The White House
- The Ghost of Reinaldo Arenas
- Cuba Visitors Wear Horse Blinders
- Spain Cozies Up to Castro
- Gays Take Castro to International Court
- Non-Government Regulated Church Leader Arrested
- No Travel to 'Terrorist' Countries
- How About Reconciling With Hitler's Germany?
- The Facts on Cuba Travel
- Stop the Ag Hype
- The Political Prisoner Reality
- Are Castro's Banks Safe for Foreigners?
- Our Man in Caracas
- Castro Expands Apartheid System
- Eight New Dissident Arrests
- The Church's Hypocrisy
- Another "Crazy" Coincidence?
- ▼ 08/29 - 09/05 (20)
- ► 2009 (933)