Whatever happened to Mariela Castro's (Raul's daughter) "efforts" on behalf of Cuba's gay community?
Or Fidel Castro's mea culpa regarding the brutal persecution and internment of gays in concentration camps?
Obviously, it's just more lies and "reforms" you can't believe in.
This week, the Castro regime endorsed an amendment to a U.N. resolution (along with homophobic African and Middle Eastern nations) that exposes gays to arbitrary executions.
The U.S. strongly opposed the amendment.
Here are the details:
Gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people were once again subject to the whims of homophobia and religious and cultural extremism this week, thanks to a United Nations vote [on an amendment] that removed "sexual orientation" from a resolution that protects people from arbitrary executions. In other words, the UN General Assembly this week voted to allow LGBT people to be executed without cause.
According to the International Gay and Lesbians Human Rights Commission, the UN General Assembly's Third Committee on Social, Cultural and Humanitarian issues removed "sexual orientation" from a resolution addressing extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions this past week in a vote that was overwhelming represented by a majority of African, Middle East and Caribbean [led by Cuba] nations.
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
11/21 - 11/28
- The Absurd U.N. Results Are In
- Cuban Punk Band Detained and Threatened
- Tyrants Will Never Play Nice
- Cardinal Ortega Snubs Prisoners (He Exiled)
- Was Sending Elian Back the "Right Thing To Do"?
- We Give Thanks
- The Myth of "Raul the Reformer"
- Does Obama Administration Support Cuba's Dissident...
- The Punkest Concert Tour in History
- Nobody is Safe in Castro's Circle
- Online Poll Doesn't Pass Laugh Test
- Does Trickle-Down Work in Totalitarianism?
- Cuba Cuts Workers, Expands Security Forces
- Castro Endorses Homophobic Policy
- ▼ 11/21 - 11/28 (14)
- ► 2009 (933)