Cuban punk rocker, Gorki Aguila, and his band, Porno Para Ricardo, have been detained by the Castro regime's police and threatened with prosecution if they proceed with their concert tonight.
As we'd previously posted, Porno Para Ricardo is launching a concert tour tonight of Havana's Committee's for Defense of the Revolution -- taking punk music to the censors.
The regime has threatened prosecution under the infamous Law 88, which is used to imprison dissidents and anyone deemed to "insult the Castro brothers."
Why is Castro afraid of punk rock?
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
11/21 - 11/28
- The Absurd U.N. Results Are In
- Cuban Punk Band Detained and Threatened
- Tyrants Will Never Play Nice
- Cardinal Ortega Snubs Prisoners (He Exiled)
- Was Sending Elian Back the "Right Thing To Do"?
- We Give Thanks
- The Myth of "Raul the Reformer"
- Does Obama Administration Support Cuba's Dissident...
- The Punkest Concert Tour in History
- Nobody is Safe in Castro's Circle
- Online Poll Doesn't Pass Laugh Test
- Does Trickle-Down Work in Totalitarianism?
- Cuba Cuts Workers, Expands Security Forces
- Castro Endorses Homophobic Policy
- ▼ 11/21 - 11/28 (14)
- ► 2009 (933)