Cuba's Cardinal Jaime Ortega has just issued another press release.
Is it on the 13 political prisoners (of the 52 negotiated for release last July) that refuse to be forcibly banished abroad and, therefore, remain in prison?
Is it on this weekend's arrest of Reina Luisa Tamayo, the mother of deceased political prisoner, Orlando Zapata Tamayo, along with 39 other dissidents (many of whom remain unaccounted for)?
Since current events (above) have been reflective of the Castro regime's relentless repression (despite the Church's best public relations efforts), the Cardinal immediately announced three other political prisoners who have accepted banishment to Spain.
Undoubtedly, we wish all three well.
Touché mon Cardenal - your diversionary tactics are remarkable.
- ► 2013 (475)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
10/31 - 11/07
- Free Elections Have Consequences
- Political Prisoners Have Castro in a Pickle
- Thank You Cardinal
- How Castro & Chavez Lost the 2010 Elections
- Feingold Doesn't "Get" Radio Marti
- Meet The Chairwoman
- A New Generation of Cuban-American Leaders
- The Son of Cuban Exiles
- Show Me The "Reforms"
- Le Petit Richelieu Strikes Again
- (Even in Spain) Coddling Castro Costs Votes
- The "Crime" of the Newly Arrested 39
- 39 Banished While 39 Brutally Arrested
- Orlando Zapata's Mother Has Been Detained
- Time is Ticking for Releases
- Beware of The Baroness
- ▼ 10/31 - 11/07 (16)
- ► 2009 (933)