Colombian narco-terrorists from the FARC and ELN "enjoy periods of rest and recuperation" in Cuba, according to a 2009 State Department cable revealed by WikiLeaks.
The Castro regime "allows these groups to enjoy R&R [rest and recuperation] in Cuba and receive medical care and other services (NFI). Reporting also indicates that the GOC is able to influence the FARC. The Cuban Communist Party International Department (PCC/ID) has close relationships with the Clandestine Communist Party of Colombia (PCC) which serves as the political wing of the FARC, and to some extent the ELN as well," the cable reads.
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
11/28 - 12/05
- Obama Administration and Dissidents, Pt. 2
- The Worst of the Worst
- From The State Department, Pt. 2
- From The State Department
- Cuba is Not Vietnam
- From State Control to State Control
- Cuba Travel Bill is Dead
- Adela in Wonderland
- Statement by Alan Gross's Lawyer
- Cuba Provides Refuge to Narco-Terrorists
- Revisiting the State-Sponsors of Terror Report
- Wikileaks Reveals Cuban Espionage Concerns
- Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution (or a Crime)
- Jeff Goldberg's Bigoted Labeling of Ileana
- Time to Re-Evaluate Vietnam Policy?
- U.S. Taxpayers Relieved by Embargo
- ▼ 11/28 - 12/05 (16)
- ► 2009 (933)