"And we saw that same desire to be free in Tunisia, where the will of the people proved more powerful than the writ of a dictator. And tonight, let us be clear: The United States of America stands with the people of Tunisia, and supports the democratic aspirations of all people."
-- U.S. President Barack Obama, 2011 State of the Union, 1/25/11
We commend the President for his noteworthy intention.
However, last week's actions -- unconditionally easing sanctions towards the Castro regime and the state dinner for China's dictator -- were poor indicators.
- ► 2013 (474)
- ► 2012 (1158)
01/23 - 01/30
- We Are All Egyptian
- Scared of the People in the Streets
- Castro's 40 Percent Censorship Premium
- What a Day That Will Be
- Why's Hillary Asking for Help on Alan Gross?
- Guillermo Farinas Arrested (Again)
- A Must-Read Testimonial
- Spain Sells Nuclear Materials to Castro
- Quote of the SOTU
- A Poetic, Partisan, Policy Critique
- Tearing Down an Autocrat
- Church (Sadly) Consistent Against Rights
- More "Reform" You Can't Believe In
- Protesting Cuba Policy at the White House
- Our Korean War Veterans Deserve Better
- "Dirty Dancing" in Havana
- Bipartisan Agreement Against Hu and Castro?
- Bob Barr Hearts Dictators (and Cigars)
- ▼ 01/23 - 01/30 (18)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)