For over a decade, Cuba "experts" have been predicting (and heralding) offshore oil exploration in Cuban waters.
Shockingly, all of these "experts" also happen to be ardent opponents of U.S. policy and constantly warn of "missed opportunities" that are being snatched up by foreign oil companies -- thereby hoping to seduce U.S. oil companies into lobbying Congress against Cuba sanctions.
Yet -- a decade later -- there's still no offshore exploration in Cuban waters.
Why? Because it's not commercially viable -- even for foreign companies -- mostly thanks to U.S. sanctions.
However, "experts" were convinced that exploration would begin by the end of 2010, pursuant to reports of an Italian-owned exploratory rig being built in China, which would bypass American components subject to U.S. law.
And they really, really meant it this time.
Well, yesterday Reuters reported that the infamous rig has been delayed for another six months.
Guess the "experts" will have to keep waiting.
- ► 2013 (473)
- ► 2012 (1158)
01/09 - 01/16
- Another Dictator Flees
- Castro Celebrates Obama Policy Changes
- Senator Menendez Statement on Obama's Cuba Policy ...
- Senator Rubio Statement on Obama's Cuba Policy Cha...
- Ros-Lehtinen Statement on Obama's Cuba Policy Chan...
- USCD PAC Statement on Obama's Cuba Policy Changes
- The Impune Murder of 30 Mental Patients
- Cuban "Diplomats" Lobby Freely in the U.S.
- Three Cuban-American U.S. Senators?
- Question of the Day
- A Plea for Civility in Our Democracy
- Menendez Remarks at Cuba Democracy PAC
- Death of a Cuban Child Prostitute
- Comradeship (No Pun) in Miami
- Case & Point on Political Prisoner "Release"
- Senator Rubio Opposes Cuba Policy Changes
- Still Waiting for Oil in Havana
- It's All About Control (Not Reform)
- "Zapata Lives!" Documentary
- The Fruits of Engagement?
- ▼ 01/09 - 01/16 (20)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)