How could this be (sarcasm emphasized)?
The "experts" had assured us that Cuba would be drilling for oil in the Florida Straits by 2004. And again by 2010. And now by 2011.
Yet, the great Cuban oil hype continues.
My bet is that whenever (if ever) this rig infamous gets completed, it'll end up in Equatorial Guinea.
Ironically, news of this latest delay came as "experts" released another report insisting that the U.S. help Castro become a petro-dictator (as a opposed to a broke dictator).
Arrival of Cuba offshore oil rig delayed again
Delivery of a Chinese-built drilling rig that will open the first full-scale exploration for oil in Cuban waters looks unlikely until at least August in the latest delay to beset the project, sources said this week.
They said an inspection of the newly-built, high-tech rig had been ordered to make sure it was in good shape after taking on water in transit from the Chinese shipyard where it was built to Singapore for completion in October.
The rig -- the Scarabeo 9, owned by Italian oil service firm Saipem SPLM.SI -- had been expected to arrive in Cuban waters in late June or early July after several earlier delays postponed its original delivery date of September 2009.
If the inspection turns up problems that need repair, the latest delay could stretch beyond August, sources said.
- ► 2013 (554)
- ► 2012 (1158)
02/20 - 02/27
- Rights Are Not Negotiable
- Two National Emergencies
- The Dictator's Useful Idiots
- Cuba Oil Drilling Delayed (Yet Again)
- Targeting Officials Complicit in Abuses
- This Afternoon in Calle Ocho
- Obama on Anniversary of OZT's Death
- List of Detained Activists
- Menendez On Anniversary of OZT’s Death
- Castro Unleashes the Hounds
- From the State Department
- We Are All Orlando Zapata Tamayo
- Protests Gear Up in Cuba
- Amnesty: Stop Harassing OZT's Family
- Regime Change for Egypt, Reform for Libya?
- Is Castro Aiding Gaddafi's Genocide?
- Political Unrest in Cuba
- Responding to a Reader
- On this Presidents Day
- Saif (and Raul) "the Reformers"
- Substitute Libya for Cuba
- A Nobel Cause
- The Militarization of Raul
- Why Cuba Remains a State-Sponsor of Terror
- ▼ 02/20 - 02/27 (24)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)