For years, the international media has described Libyan dictator Moamer Kadhafi's son, Saif, as a "reformer" who is "committed to political freedoms and free-market reforms."
The same story line they use about Cuba's Raul Castro.
Well, here's what Saif "the reformer" had to say today:
Kadhafi's son warns of 'rivers of blood' in Libya
AFP - The son of Libya's strongman Moamer Kadhafi warned Monday the country would be destroyed by civil war if protests end his father's rule, in a speech broadcast as bursts of gunfire broke out in Tripoli.
Saif al-Islam Kadhafi offered reforms to end the violent uprising gripping the country, but he warned the protests were a foreign plot and would be crushed in a "bloodbath" if the government's offer was rejected.
- ► 2013 (470)
- ► 2012 (1158)
02/20 - 02/27
- Rights Are Not Negotiable
- Two National Emergencies
- The Dictator's Useful Idiots
- Cuba Oil Drilling Delayed (Yet Again)
- Targeting Officials Complicit in Abuses
- This Afternoon in Calle Ocho
- Obama on Anniversary of OZT's Death
- List of Detained Activists
- Menendez On Anniversary of OZT’s Death
- Castro Unleashes the Hounds
- From the State Department
- We Are All Orlando Zapata Tamayo
- Protests Gear Up in Cuba
- Amnesty: Stop Harassing OZT's Family
- Regime Change for Egypt, Reform for Libya?
- Is Castro Aiding Gaddafi's Genocide?
- Political Unrest in Cuba
- Responding to a Reader
- On this Presidents Day
- Saif (and Raul) "the Reformers"
- Substitute Libya for Cuba
- A Nobel Cause
- The Militarization of Raul
- Why Cuba Remains a State-Sponsor of Terror
- ▼ 02/20 - 02/27 (24)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)