While the attention of foreign news bureaus in Havana is solely focused on Alan Gross and the banishment of political prisoners to Spain, the Castro regime is seeking a five-year prison sentence for Nestor Rodriguez Lobaina, head of Cuba's Youth for Democracy Movement.
He was arrested on December 9th, 2010, and is accused of "public disorder."
Even more concerning, Rodriguez Lobaina is on the 20th day of a hunger strike and his health is dramatically deteriorating, as prison authorities have denied him water for several days.
Where's the outrage?
- ► 2014 (792)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
03/06 - 03/13
- USCD PAC Statement on Alan Gross
- White House on Alan Gross
- USINT on Alan Gross
- Amnesty's Newest Prisoner of Conscience
- Dr. Biscet is Finally Home
- That'll be Quite a Day
- Unity, Leadership and Respect
- Bringing Down Chavez
- A Transformational Year For Cuba Policy
- Petrobras Leaves Castro Oil-less
- A Lesson in Civility for Castro's Thugs
- Twit of the Day
- Castro's American Hostage
- Guilty Consciences Prevail
- Hillary and Michelle on Yoani
- Yoani Out-Tweets Fidel
- Freudian Slip on Cuba Travel
- On the Right Side of History
- Time for a New Trick
- U.N. Still Denied Access to Castro's Jails
- Five-Year Sentence for NEW Political Prisoner
- Overlooking a Ferry Important Fact
- The Ivy League of Tyrants
- Things That Make You Go Hmmmm
- Is USAID's Cuba Program "Ineffective"?
- ▼ 03/06 - 03/13 (25)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)