If this clip from Ukrainian TV is true, then we've seen it all.
According to the translation:
When the leader sleeps, the soldier stays awake, and it's the women who do the fighting. Gaddafi trusts his security to ladies only. The head of the Libyan Jamahiriya has a total of 300-400 girls on his security detail. According to the official story, all of them are virgins.
Selection is done by Gaddafi himself. This whim has an explanation for it: In ancient times, they believed that the best guards were either virgins or lesbians, the underlying belief being that they could sense threats, the so-called wind of death. The girls were even sterilized to make them more aggressive toward men.
There can be different views on these stories, but it was the girls with Kalashnikovs who saved Gaddafis life several times. During the assassination, they shielded him from gunfire and grenades. One died, two others were wounded. The bodyguards are with Gaddafi day and night. Each of them can handle several strong men. According to some sources, most of the girls are Cuban.
We can't confirm the voracity of this report.
However, Ukrainians have good insight into Gaddafi's eccentricities, as his top nurse was Ukrainian and just fled Libya to Kiev.
She's since explained how Gaddafi does not trust Libyans as nurses, so he probably doesn't trust them as personal guards either.
Therefore, it might very-well be true.
So in addition to close-friend, fellow dictator and repressive ally, that would also make Fidel Castro (repulsively) -- Gaddafi's pimp.
- ► 2016 (381)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
02/27 - 03/06
- Castro Finds Alan Gross Guilty
- "I Will Continue to Fight for Democracy"
- Picture of the Week
- Development as Freedom
- Alan Gross's "Subversive" Activities
- Yoani Honored by State Department
- How Qaddafi (Castro) Hoodwinked Italy (Spain)
- Quote of the Week
- Clinton on U.S. Hostages in Iran & Cuba
- More Than 390 Political Arrests in February
- For the Cuba Skeptics
- CAMBIO Hip-Hop Video
- The Strength of Hector Maseda
- The Street Does Not Belong to Fidel
- On Jesse Jackson
- We Finally Agree
- Is Castro Defrauding Medicare?
- An Extraordinary Column
- Young Hunger Striker's Life in Peril
- Case & Point: "Reform" You Can't Believe In
- Too Little, Too Late
- The Truth About Castro's Fiber-Optic Cable
- Is Castro Gaddafi's Pimp (Literally)?
- Valenzuela's Defense of "Trickle-Down"
- Obama's Travel Policy is Bailing Out Castro
- The Title-less Dictator(s)
- The Cuban Pressure Cooker
- Trying to "Charm" Obama
- Reform is NOT an Option
- Setting the Standard for a Ruler's Legitimacy
- Repression Against Dissidents Intensifies
- The Tyranny of Groupthink
- Quote of the Week
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 25
- Time to Declare Cyberwar
- ▼ 02/27 - 03/06 (35)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)