Qaddafi and Castro have always been joined at the hip. Thus, the striking similarities.
Yesterday, we explored how they've effectively swindled their former colonial powers, Italy and Spain respectively, for decades.
Today's Foreign Policy reminds us of the Qaddafi (Castro) regime's past terrorist activities in three continents and its present "schooling" of 21st century tyrants.
The same past and present that advocates of normalizing relations with these regimes want us to (conveniently) forget in pursuit of their business and ideological agendas.
Here's an excerpt:
Harvard for Tyrants
How Muammar al-Qaddafi taught a generation of bad guys.
Col. Muammar al-Qaddafi is well known now for the abuses he has inflicted on his own people during more than four decades of brutal rule in Libya, but few remember the vast campaign of carnage and terrorism he orchestrated across West Africa and Europe when he was at the height of his powers.
Nor are his more recent alliance with Hugo Chávez of Venezuela and his long-standing relationship with Daniel Ortega of Nicaragua -- both of whom are busy trampling their constitutions and moving toward dictatorship -- well understood. And the fact that all three governments support the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), a terrorist group that produces more than half of the world's cocaine and two-thirds of the cocaine entering the United States, is usually ignored.
- ► 2014 (216)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
03/06 - 03/13
- USCD PAC Statement on Alan Gross
- White House on Alan Gross
- USINT on Alan Gross
- Amnesty's Newest Prisoner of Conscience
- Dr. Biscet is Finally Home
- That'll be Quite a Day
- Unity, Leadership and Respect
- Bringing Down Chavez
- A Transformational Year For Cuba Policy
- Petrobras Leaves Castro Oil-less
- A Lesson in Civility for Castro's Thugs
- Twit of the Day
- Castro's American Hostage
- Guilty Consciences Prevail
- Hillary and Michelle on Yoani
- Yoani Out-Tweets Fidel
- Freudian Slip on Cuba Travel
- On the Right Side of History
- Time for a New Trick
- U.N. Still Denied Access to Castro's Jails
- Five-Year Sentence for NEW Political Prisoner
- Overlooking a Ferry Important Fact
- The Ivy League of Tyrants
- Things That Make You Go Hmmmm
- Is USAID's Cuba Program "Ineffective"?
- ▼ 03/06 - 03/13 (25)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)