Cuban pro-democracy leader and political prisoner Néstor Rodriguez Lobaina has been hospitalized pursuant to a 15-day hunger strike.
Rodriguez Lobaina is the head of Cuba's Youth for Democracy Movement and was imprisoned on December 9, 2010.
Please note that he is one of Castro's newest political prisoners.
News stories out of Havana seem to only focus on the banishment of political prisoners to Spain. Meanwhile, near silence on those imprisoned in recent months.
He's gone 15-days without ingesting food, water or liquids. And he will not accept an I.V.
According to a statement by his brother, "the medical evaluation, confirmed by family members who could see him yesterday afternoon in his room - in his underwear - is very delicate, critical, due to the consequences that not ingesting liquids could bring."
- ► 2016 (424)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
02/27 - 03/06
- Castro Finds Alan Gross Guilty
- "I Will Continue to Fight for Democracy"
- Picture of the Week
- Development as Freedom
- Alan Gross's "Subversive" Activities
- Yoani Honored by State Department
- How Qaddafi (Castro) Hoodwinked Italy (Spain)
- Quote of the Week
- Clinton on U.S. Hostages in Iran & Cuba
- More Than 390 Political Arrests in February
- For the Cuba Skeptics
- CAMBIO Hip-Hop Video
- The Strength of Hector Maseda
- The Street Does Not Belong to Fidel
- On Jesse Jackson
- We Finally Agree
- Is Castro Defrauding Medicare?
- An Extraordinary Column
- Young Hunger Striker's Life in Peril
- Case & Point: "Reform" You Can't Believe In
- Too Little, Too Late
- The Truth About Castro's Fiber-Optic Cable
- Is Castro Gaddafi's Pimp (Literally)?
- Valenzuela's Defense of "Trickle-Down"
- Obama's Travel Policy is Bailing Out Castro
- The Title-less Dictator(s)
- The Cuban Pressure Cooker
- Trying to "Charm" Obama
- Reform is NOT an Option
- Setting the Standard for a Ruler's Legitimacy
- Repression Against Dissidents Intensifies
- The Tyranny of Groupthink
- Quote of the Week
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 25
- Time to Declare Cyberwar
- ▼ 02/27 - 03/06 (35)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)