Excerpt from U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's remarks today:
History will record that bin Laden's death came at a time of great movements toward freedom and democracy, at a time when the people across the Middle East and North Africa are rejecting the extremist narratives and charting a path of peaceful progress based on universal rights and aspirations. There is no better rebuke to al-Qaida and its heinous ideology.
All over the world we will press forward, bolstering our partnerships, strengthening our networks, investing in a positive vision of peace and progress, and relentlessly pursuing the murderers who target innocent people. The fight continues, and we will never waver. Now I know there are some who doubted this day would ever come, who questioned our resolve and our reach. But let us remind ourselves, this is America. We rise to the challenge, we persevere, and we get the job done.
- ► 2015 (355)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
05/01 - 05/08
- Harvard Professor Unfazed by Tyrants
- So Much For Reform
- Eva Mendes Beats Up Fidel Castro
- Why Castro Thinks Killing Bin Laden Was "Abhorrent...
- So Much for Academic Travel
- Sanctions Have Limited Castro's Arsenal
- Protestant Pastors Detained in Cuba
- In Fear of Yoani
- Castro Throws Another D.C. Party
- Obama on World Press Freedom Day
- Comforting Guilty Consciences
- Tools of Online Oppressors
- The Timing of Bin Laden's Death
- Nobody is Immortal
- Stop Deluding Ourselves About China
- Where Protest Signs Are a "Crime"
- Wave of Repression Sweeps Cuba
- Rock 'n' Roll is Freedom
- ▼ 05/01 - 05/08 (18)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)