Castro's advice to Hugo Chavez during his month-long stay in Havana:
Attack female opponents of the regime.
From Venezuela's El Universal:
MP María Corina Machado assaulted after bicentennial parade
A mob attacked deputy María Corina Machado (Independent-Miranda state) when she left the military parade staged on Tuesday at Los Próceres promenade, southwest Caracas, to commemorate the bicentennial of the Declaration of Independence.
Lieutenant Colonel (Army) Marcos Álvarez was injured as a stone hit him on the head, while Machado was hit on the face with a bottle.
Cuban police haul protesting "Ladies in White" away
Cuban police grabbed members of the opposition group "Ladies in White" by their hair, dragged them into a bus and drove them away to break up a protest march on Wednesday.
The white clothes the women traditionally wear were smeared with mud as they resisted policewomen forcing them into a bus. Government protesters shouted insults at them for the second day in a row.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
07/03 - 07/10
- For Mariela, All Gays Are Not Equal
- A Historic Flashback
- The "Rehabilitated" Cubans
- Cubans Will Be Able to Purchase Ladas
- Cuban Troops in Venezuela?
- Castro Advises Chavez: Attack Women
- In Fear of Biscet (and Bono)
- Castro's Blind Eye to Human Trafficking
- The Continuous Black Spring
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 33
- Castro Scrambles for Gaddafi
- Obama Licenses Corporate Jets to Cuba
- Chavez's P.R. Man: Bill Delahunt
- Here Come the Oil "Experts"
- Political Arrests More Than Double
- ▼ 07/03 - 07/10 (15)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)