In March 2010, local people's committees "elected" a 2,700 member General People's Congress, which unanimously "elected" (for the 41st straight year) Muammar Gaddafi as Libya's head of state.
In March of this year, Gaddafi claimed that the Libyan people "loved him" and denied any opposition to his "popular" regime.
Sound familiar also?
Just five months later, Gaddafi's 42-year dictatorship -- the Great Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya -- is over (and his son, Saif "the reformer," has been imprisoned).
And the Libyan people?
Celebrating in the streets of Tripoli.
We join them in their celebration.
- ► 2015 (854)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
08/21 - 08/28
- New Videos: Crowds Defend Pro-Democracy Activists
- Four Women Speak the Unspeakable
- Senator Rubio at the Reagan Library
- Obama Dithers, Castro Represses
- Case in Point
- Pitbull Talks Cuba (and Represents)
- Treasury on J.P. Morgan Sanctions Violations
- How to Rattle the "Experts"
- Sending Uncensored News to Cuba
- Odebrecht Rejected for Support of Tyrant
- The "Success" of U.S. Policy Towards China
- New Video: Protest in Capitol Building
- The Fearless Ladies
- Female Activists Missing After Capitol Protest
- Are Libyan Rebels Anti-American?
- Is Cuba Next?
- A Must-See Video
- Quote of the Week
- Cuba's Bogus Statistics
- Amnesty: Stop Violence Against Ladies in White
- Gaddafi and Castro May Soon Be Reunited
- Confronting (Syria, Libya) vs. Appeasing (Cuba, Ir...
- The End of Gaddafi
- Amend the Cuban Adjustment Act
- ▼ 08/21 - 08/28 (24)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)