According to the Cuban Commission for Human Rights (CCHR), the Castro regime has made at least 2,221 political arrests during the first eight months of 2011.
That's 1,091 more than in the same period in 2010.
More "reform" you can't believe in.
- ► 2013 (475)
- ► 2012 (1158)
09/04 - 09/11
- When Will Castro's Advocates File Disclosures?
- A Weekend Wake-Up Call
- Quote of the Week
- Jim Cason's Refreshing Approach
- Leading Opposition Members Arrested
- BBC Catches Repression on Video
- Miami-Dade County Should be Ashamed
- Richardson Snubbed (or Theatrics?)
- At Least 55 More Political Arrests Today
- Will Cuba's Dissidents Save Alan Gross?
- Richardson Enjoys Castro's Welcome Cigar
- Brutal Crackdown of Peaceful Activists
- In Memory of Julio Ruiz Pitaluga
- "People-to-Castro" Travel
- Castro Laps 2010 Repression
- Conceding How Tourism Funds Castro's Military
- Are Castro, Chavez and Gaddafi Rational Actors?
- CBC Members Snub Cuban Freedom Fighters
- Havana's Accreditation Requirements
- More Ladies in White Arrested Today
- Amnesty Demands Release of Dissidents
- Castro Rejects Free Libya, Welcomes Iran
- ▼ 09/04 - 09/11 (22)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)