While you're enjoying a sidra, cava or champagne at parties welcoming 2012 tonight, please remember Cuban pro-democracy leader Ivonne Malleza Galano, who is currently on hunger strike in a punishment cell of the infamous maximum security prison of Manto Negro.
Throughout 2011, Malleza, a member of the Ladies in White, has led a series of protests in Havana parks that have been met with great popular support.
That led the Castro regime to brutally arrest her on November 30th (here's a video of the protest and arrest).
Also arrested (and still in prison) was her husband Ignacio Martinez Moreno and fellow activist Isabel Hayde Alvarez Mosquera.
Consider dedicating your New Year's prayer and wish to Ivonne's release and to the freedom of all Cubans.
- ► 2013 (462)
- ► 2012 (1158)
12/25 - 01/01
- On This New Year's Eve
- U.S. Calls (Again) for Release of Alan Gross
- A Worsening of Censorship
- Fidel Must Know From Experience
- Quote of the Day
- Another Year of Imprisonment
- Keeping Anderson Cooper Honest
- More Shameless "Purposeful" Cuba Trips
- Free Ivonne Malleza Galano
- Ahmadinejad Heading to Cuba (Again)
- Is Fulton Armstrong Violating the Law?
- How Quickly Regimes Can Collapse
- Young Cubans Lead Street Protests
- Shamefully Using Fidel for Business
- Where's the "Reform"?
- Castro's Christmas Gift for Fariñas
- How to Keep Losing Cuban-American Votes
- ▼ 12/25 - 01/01 (17)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)