Just sheer hypocrisy and brutality.
Following Castro's most recent ruse, now North Korea announces:
North Korea says it will grant an amnesty for prisoners to mark the birthdays of two late leaders.
[State media] said that the amnesty embodied the "noble, benevolent and all-embracing politics of President Kim Il-sung and leader Kim Jong-il".
And remember Assad "the reformer"?
Syrian President Bashar Assad vowed Tuesday to respond to threats against him with an "iron hand" and refused to step down, insisting he still has his people's support despite the 10-month-old uprising against him.
Finally, how's the "China model" working?
From LA Times:
Chinese officials love their cars — big, fancy, expensive cars. A chocolate-colored Bentley worth $560,000 is cruising the streets of Beijing with license plates indicating it is registered to Zhongnanhai, the Communist Party headquarters. The armed police, who handle riots and crowd control, have the same model of Bentley in blue.
And just in case it needs to go racing off to war, the Chinese army has a black Maserati that sells in China for $330,000.
A remnant of a decades-old party perks system, the luxe wheels are a conspicuous target of growing public outrage over the privileges of the elite.
- ► 2014 (948)
- ► 2013 (1251)
01/08 - 01/15
- Congressional Calls for Ivonne Malleza's Release
- U.S. Senator Assails Mercedes-Benz
- Castro's 'New' Reforms are an Old Scam
- Gingrich Reconsiders His Cuba Policy
- Fidel, Raul and Mahmoud's Communiqué
- Concerning Quote of the Day
- Weakest Candidates on Cuba Policy
- Ahmadinejad Arrives in Cuba
- Things Are Changing in Cuba
- An Important Reminder
- U.S. Senators Call for Release of Ivonne Malleza
- No Creativity Among Dictators
- New Incarcerations Have Not Stopped
- U.S. Green-Lights Rig for Cuba Drilling
- The Repression Rundown
- The Faces of Unreason
- The Narco-Ministers of Defense
- On the Venezuelan Consul's Expulsion
- The Revolving Door of Castro's Prisons
- Must-Read: Political Freedom First
- ▼ 01/08 - 01/15 (20)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)