Just prior to this evening's Mass in Santiago de Cuba by Pope Benedict XVI, a courageous young Cuban screamed "freedom" and "down with Communism."
He was immediately detained by Castro's secret police and brutally beaten.
Let's pray the Pope intercedes for his safety and well-being.
Here's his picture:
- ► 2013 (454)
03/25 - 04/01
- Must Read: No to Fraudulent Change
- The "Transformative" Power of Travel
- Quote of the Week
- The Genie Has Long Left Castro's Bottle
- Have You Seen This Courageous Man?
- Dissidents Disappointed by Church
- From the Newest "Dancing With the Stars"
- Where Hip-Hop is a Crime
- A Sad Trip to Cuba
- Raul Castro Gets Dissed
- An Elitist Archbishop
- Imprisoned Cuban-American Warns Travelers
- The Shameful Rationale
- From Today's Diane Rehm Show
- It's Official
- UPDATED: Arrests, Threats and Disappearances
- Red Cross Violates Fundamental Principles
- Pope Speaks, Regime Answers
- A Good Summary of Day One
- Havana's Newest Press Correspondent
- A Courageous Cry for Help
- Blessed Are Those Who Get a Cuban Visa
- Castro Cuts SMS and Internet Service
- Recommendations for Pope Benedict XVI
- Today on "From Washington al Mundo"
- Arrests, Arrests and More Arrests
- Why Castro Prohibits Social Media
- Who Do Sanctions Hurt?
- Analyzing This Week's Papal Visit
- Speaking Out Against Evil
- ▼ 03/25 - 04/01 (30)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)