The Castro regime has released Jose Ramon Darias, a Cuban-American who traveled to the island in January to visit his terminally ill father-in-law and was arbitrarily imprisoned for 72 days.
Upon his arrival in Miami, Darias had some words of wisdom for fellow Cuban-Americans:
"Let my case serve as an example for Cubans. We need to stop the pipeline of dollars to Fidel Castro, the money is all for Fidel Castro. Everything there works that way. Beware: what happended to me could happen to anyone."
Prior to being released, Cuban state security asked him if he would "behave" the next time he traveled to the island.
Darias replied that he would not be returning.
- ► 2015 (175)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
03/25 - 04/01
- Must Read: No to Fraudulent Change
- The "Transformative" Power of Travel
- Quote of the Week
- The Genie Has Long Left Castro's Bottle
- Have You Seen This Courageous Man?
- Dissidents Disappointed by Church
- From the Newest "Dancing With the Stars"
- Where Hip-Hop is a Crime
- A Sad Trip to Cuba
- Raul Castro Gets Dissed
- An Elitist Archbishop
- Imprisoned Cuban-American Warns Travelers
- The Shameful Rationale
- From Today's Diane Rehm Show
- It's Official
- UPDATED: Arrests, Threats and Disappearances
- Red Cross Violates Fundamental Principles
- Pope Speaks, Regime Answers
- A Good Summary of Day One
- Havana's Newest Press Correspondent
- A Courageous Cry for Help
- Blessed Are Those Who Get a Cuban Visa
- Castro Cuts SMS and Internet Service
- Recommendations for Pope Benedict XVI
- Today on "From Washington al Mundo"
- Arrests, Arrests and More Arrests
- Why Castro Prohibits Social Media
- Who Do Sanctions Hurt?
- Analyzing This Week's Papal Visit
- Speaking Out Against Evil
- ▼ 03/25 - 04/01 (30)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)