Aside from Fidel's usual crazy talk, his "reflections" in this week's state media clearly show that he knows Chavez's day are numbered -- and is worried.
Thus, Castro's trying to set the narrative: Blame the U.S.
Which leads to an interesting question for those who argue that removing U.S. sanctions would end an excuse for the failure of Castro and his brethren.
Last we checked, there were no sanctions on Venezuela, but that hasn't stopped Castro-Chavez from blaming the U.S. for their failures there either.
Not a particularly good argument.
Obama Meddling, Trying to Topple Hugo Chavez, Castro Writes
Attempts by President Barack Obama to bring down the government of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez would result in “a river of blood,” former Cuban President Fidel Castro wrote.
The U.S. government is trying to topple Chavez by promoting the idea of discord within Chavez’s government due to his battle with cancer, Castro wrote in a column published today in Granma, the official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party.
“It’s worrying that the government of the United States has decided in such circumstances to promote the downfall of the Venezuelan government,” Castro wrote. “An error by Obama, in such circumstances, could result in a river of blood in Venezuela.”
- ► 2016 (484)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
04/29 - 05/06
- The Meaning of Reconciliation
- The Cardinal Neglects His Flock
- Must-Read: Business Does Not Bring Freedom
- Quote of the Week
- Oppenheimer Goes Off the Deep End
- Whether Ikea, Melia or Odebrecht
- The Boot-Licking Cardinal
- Senator Rubio on FL's Cuba-Syria Bill
- Ikea Purchased Slave Labor From Castro
- Lazy Havana Bureaus Strike Again
- Gov. Scott Retracts Signing Letter
- The Truth About the "Cuban Five"
- Governor Spins Back (Yet) Again
- Gov. Scott Keeps Adding Insult to Insult
- Gov. "Slick" Rick Tries to Pull a Fast One
- Unmasking the Cardinal's Lies
- Free Jorge Vazquez Chaviano
- Rivera Questions Jacobson
- Press Freedom Matters
- Today on "From Washington al Mundo"
- Cut Cuba-Syria Ties to Receive Public Funds
- Remarks at America's Forum Conference
- Final Defiant Words
- Romney Urges Protection of Chinese Dissident
- Castro is Clearly Worried
- ▼ 04/29 - 05/06 (25)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)