Mack Reacts to Castro Regime's Arresting and Beating of U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Witness
Calls for Response from Obama Administration
WASHINGTON --- Chairman Connie Mack (FL-14), after heralding last week’s Senate Foreign Relations Hearing entitled: The Path to Freedom: Countering Repression and Strengthening Civil Society in Cuba, today responds to news that one witness was arrested and beaten by the Castro Regime led by Raul Castro. Mack stated:
"It is a sad day today as we receive crystal clear confirmation that not a single change has taken place in Cuba under the reign of the Castro brothers.
Here in the United States we stand on the belief that every citizen has the right of free speech. So, when a brutal regime beats its own citizen in response to the expression of that right, we should see an outpouring of disgust and outrage from the U.S. Administration.
I call on the Obama Administration to do everything within its power, and the powers of our close allies, to defend the health, safety and freedom of the brave, pro-democracy leader Jorge Luis García Pérez 'Antúnez', as well as U.S. citizen Alan Gross and other fighters of freedom who currently languish under the all-powerful hand of Raul Castro."
- ► 2013 (470)
06/10 - 06/17
- Encourage Citizen Reporting in Cuba
- Obama Should Stand Against Cuban Repression
- Nearly Two Dozen Ladies in White Imprisoned
- Speaking Truth to Cuba’s Despots
- Iranian Drones and Russian Kalashnikovs
- Health of American Hostage Worsens
- The Testimony That Enraged Castro
- Menendez & Rubio Talk With Antunez Upon Release
- Castro Official At Senate Hearing Revealed
- Thank You, President Uribe
- WSJ: Antunez's Courage, Castro's Payback
- Nelson Letter on Antunez's Arrest
- Today on "From Washington al Mundo"
- Must Watch: CNN Report on Antunez's Arrest
- European NGO's Call for Antunez's Release
- ING to Pay $619 Million for Sanctions Violations
- Chairman Kerry Statement on Antunez's Arrest
- Must Watch: On the Senate Floor
- Menendez Calls For Visa Ban and Investigation of A...
- Rubio Calls for Antunez's Release
- Mack Calls for Antunez's Release
- Ros-Lehtinen Calls for Antunez's Release
- Rivera Calls for Antunez's Release
- Senate Witness Arrested and Brutally Beaten
- Jacobson's Defense of the Indefensible
- O'Grady: Castro Endorses Obama
- Hiding Behind "Daddy"
- Repression Steadily on the Rise
- ▼ 06/10 - 06/17 (28)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)