Here's the Democratic National Committee (DNC) platform on Cuba:
Under President Obama, we have undertaken the most significant efforts in decades to engage the Cuban people. We have focused on the importance of family ties between Cuban-Americans and their relatives still living under oppression. Because of the steps the President has taken, it is now possible for Cuban-Americans to visit and support their families in Cuba, and to send remittances that reduce the Cuban people's dependence on the Cuban state.
We have taken additional steps to bolster Cuban civil society, expanding purposeful exchanges that bolster independent religious groups on the island and enhancing the free flow of information to, from, and among the Cuban people. Going forward we will continue to support the Cuban people's desire to freely determine their own future.
For comparative purposes, you can click here for the GOP platform on Cuba.
- ► 2013 (558)
09/02 - 09/09
- Romney Memo on Obama's Foreign Policy "Failures"
- That Pesky Totalitarianism
- Must-Watch: #Cryfreedom Cuba
- Religious Persecution Persists in Cuba
- Kudos to Senator Rubio and OFAC
- There (Carter) Goes Again
- Cuba and North Korea Expand Military Ties
- Not the Intent of the Cuban Adjustment Act
- The "Reform" Storyline
- That Son-of-a-Castro
- Today on "From Washington al Mundo"
- Doing Odebrecht's Bidding in Havana
- On the DNC Floor
- Colombia's Gamble
- 538 Political Arrests in August
- DNC Platform on Cuba
- Travelers "Shocked" by Castro's New Tax
- Propaganda Tours to Cuba
- Obama Should Require Reciprocity for "Cultural Exc...
- The Sad Truth "From Havana"
- ▼ 09/02 - 09/09 (20)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)