Iran's state media made the following announcements today:
Cuba backs Iran’s nuclear program
At a meeting with Ali Asghar Khaji, the Iranian deputy foreign minister for Europe and Americas, in the Cuban capital city of Havana on Thursday, Bruno Eduardo Rodriguez Parrilla, hailed Iran-Cuba ties as “strategic” and voiced his country’s support for the Islamic Republic’s nuclear energy program.
He expressed Havana’s preparedness to enhance bilateral ties with Tehran in high technology and exchange experience to counter the effects of the “plots and sanctions [imposed on both countries] by the common enemy.”
Cuban President to Visit Iran Next Year
Cuban President Raul Castro, who has on many occasions lauded Iran's campaign against imperialism, is scheduled to visit Tehran next year, Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez announced on Thursday.
- ► 2016 (592)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
12/09 - 12/16
- How Badly Does Castro Need Chavez?
- Foreign Relations Shuffle
- Our Great Challenge
- Our Thoughts and Prayers
- From a Friend of Alan Gross
- Interview With President Obama
- Cuba to Strengthen Ties With Iran
- Quote of the Day
- So Much For Raul's Migration "Reforms"
- No Easy Exit for Educated Cubans
- Is Castro Taking Aim at Cell Phones?
- Castros Take Hostages, U.S. Serves Castros Pate
- Free Calixto Martinez Arias Now
- Before Embracing Castro on any "Agenda"
- Obama: U.S. Recognizes Syrian Opposition
- Time to Rethink U.S.-Cuba Migration Policy
- How Independent Journalists Are Harassed
- How Important is Tourism to the Castros?
- From The State Department
- Attacks on Human Rights Day
- Quote of the Day
- MH: No Deal for Spies
- Nearly 80 Ladies in White Arrested
- AP's Sloppy Reporting on Cuban-American Electorate...
- Today on "From Washington al Mundo"
- Castro's Bogus Economic "Reforms" Exposed
- ▼ 12/09 - 12/16 (26)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)