Spanish airlines, Iberia, is permanently halting flights to Havana starting on April 1st, 2013, as part of the carrier's restructuring policy.
Iberia said these flights were no longer profitable.
This will surely have a collateral effect on Spain's tourism investments with the Castro regime -- and to the demand for prostitution on the island.
The airline said it would rather focus on destinations like Mexico and Miami.
- ► 2016 (602)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
12/02 - 12/09
- Blogger Handed 5-Year Prison Sentence
- Imprisoned Journalist's Life at Risk
- Another Day in Cuba
- Time to Pressure Castro
- Iberia Halts Flights to Havana
- The Absurdity of "People-to-Castro" Travel
- How Castro Profits From Human Exploitation
- Tweets of the Week
- Absolute Fool of the Year
- Please, For the Sake of Journalism
- Senate Passes Unanimous Alan Gross Resolution
- WaPo: No Gross-for-Spies Deal
- U.N. Finds Gross Detention Against Int'l Law
- UNiTE Ignores Violence Against Women
- Arrests, Arrests and More Arrests
- Free Sonia Garro
- Immediate and Unconditional Release of Alan Gross
- The Violence and Impunity Continues
- Hostage-for-Prisoners Swap Unlikely
- Quote of the Week
- Tweets for Alan Gross
- Repercussions Are Overdue
- Three-Years Later: Time For Pressure
- From The State Department
- Girl Knifed for Supporting Dissidents
- Which Castro Ordered the Murder of Americans?
- ▼ 12/02 - 12/09 (26)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)