The Castro regime has violently arrested nearly 80 members of the peaceful pro-democracy group, The Ladies in White, today.
Forty-five of them were beaten and arrested as they marched down Havana's Quinta Avenida, pursuant to attending Mass.
Among those arrested is Havana was the leader of The Ladies in White, Berta Soler, as well as, Magalis Norvis, Caridad Peinado, Belkis Pérez Pérez, Amparo Milagros, Donaris Martín, Olga L. Torres, Lisandra Farray, Malbey Glez, Aimé Moya, Tatiana López, Aimé García Leiva, Aniuska Fuente, Sandra Guerra, Belki Cantillo, Aime Garcel and Vivian Pena.
Another twelve Ladies in White were arrested in the eastern province of Holguin.
Among those arrested in Holguin were Bárbara Pausa, Gertrudis Ojeda, Berta Herrero, Segura Liliana Campos, Marlene Abreu, Griseldis Peña, Romelia Piña, Nelda Molina, Mercy Glez, Noemí C Hidalgo.
Also, sixteen we arrested in Santiago de Cuba, five in Pinar del Rio and one is missing in the Matanzas province.
And in a touch of cynicism, Castro's state security has announced that they were arrested for "not respecting the grief of the Cuban people over Chavez's health."
More "reform" you can't believe in.
- ► 2016 (377)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
12/09 - 12/16
- How Badly Does Castro Need Chavez?
- Foreign Relations Shuffle
- Our Great Challenge
- Our Thoughts and Prayers
- From a Friend of Alan Gross
- Interview With President Obama
- Cuba to Strengthen Ties With Iran
- Quote of the Day
- So Much For Raul's Migration "Reforms"
- No Easy Exit for Educated Cubans
- Is Castro Taking Aim at Cell Phones?
- Castros Take Hostages, U.S. Serves Castros Pate
- Free Calixto Martinez Arias Now
- Before Embracing Castro on any "Agenda"
- Obama: U.S. Recognizes Syrian Opposition
- Time to Rethink U.S.-Cuba Migration Policy
- How Independent Journalists Are Harassed
- How Important is Tourism to the Castros?
- From The State Department
- Attacks on Human Rights Day
- Quote of the Day
- MH: No Deal for Spies
- Nearly 80 Ladies in White Arrested
- AP's Sloppy Reporting on Cuban-American Electorate...
- Today on "From Washington al Mundo"
- Castro's Bogus Economic "Reforms" Exposed
- ▼ 12/09 - 12/16 (26)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)