Today, we continue highlighting some of Cuba's newest political prisoners, which the Castro regime would like the world to forget.
Calixto Martinez Arias is a Cuban independent journalist.
This past summer, Calixto broke the news of a cholera outbreak in Cuba, weeks after the government declared it eradicated.
He then discovered five tons of humanitarian aid sent to Cuba by the Word Health Organization (WHO), which was left to spoil at Havana's airport.
For his independent investigative reporting, Calixto was arrested on September 16th and charged with "disrespect" to the figures of Fidel and Raul Castro.
Calixto is being held at the infamous Combinado del Este prison.
He will not be forgotten.
- ► 2013 (465)
12/23 - 12/30
- Remembering Calixto Martinez Arias
- Where Trickle-Down Definitely Doesn't Work
- Quote of the Week
- Cholera Hits Havana Tourism Zones
- Fudging the Castro-Chavez Numbers
- Quote of the Day
- Remembering Sonia Garro
- This is Not a Joke
- Christmas Bells
- New Political Prisoners on Noche Buena
- Fulton Armstrong's Unwitting Revelation
- ▼ 12/23 - 12/30 (11)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)