Today, we continue highlighting some of Cuba's newest political prisoners, which the Castro regime would like the world to forget.
Danny Lopez de Moya is a member of the Cuban Patriotic Union (UNPACU) in eastern Cuba.
UNPACU, led by former Cuban political prisoner Jose Daniel Ferrer, has become one of the leading opposition movements on the island.
Thus, its members have been subject to constant repression.
Lopez de Moya was arrested on February 26, 2012 for wearing a t-shirt in public that read "Boitel, Zapata, Wilman Viven y UNPACU" (referring to three prominent political priosners killed by the Castro regime).
In April, he was sentenced to one-and-a-half years in prison for "disobedience."
He will not be forgotten.
- ► 2014 (764)
- ► 2013 (1251)
12/30 - 01/06
- In Some Good News
- Punishing Rosa Maria Paya
- Cuba's Rosa Parks
- The EU's Immoral Ambassador to Cuba
- Dramatic Rise in Religious Freedom Violations
- How Castro Rules Venezuela
- Under Raul, Political Arrests Prevail
- (Yet) Another Repressor Gets a U.S. Visa
- Raul's Hallucinatory GDP Growth
- Tweet of the New Year
- Calls For Investigation Into Paya's Death
- Chavez on Life Support
- Our New Year's Wish
- It's Time to Take Off the Gag
- Remembering Danny Lopez de Moya
- A Voice of Solidarity From Spain
- On Carromero's "Trial"
- The Price Paid For Carromero's Repatriation
- ▼ 12/30 - 01/06 (18)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)