A 15-year old girl, Berenice Héctor González, suffered a knife attack for supporting the female pro-democracy movement, The Ladies in White.
According to Diario de Cuba, the attacker, Dailiana Planchez Torres, is the daughter of a senior Castro regime official in the town of Cienfuegos.
She had asked for Daliana to stop insulting The Ladies in White, of which her aunt, Belkis Felicia Jorrín Morfa, is a member.
As a result, Berenice was attacked and cut in the face, neck, breast and legs. She received 66 stitches for her injuries.
The attacker remains free.
- ► 2013 (459)
12/02 - 12/09
- Blogger Handed 5-Year Prison Sentence
- Imprisoned Journalist's Life at Risk
- Another Day in Cuba
- Time to Pressure Castro
- Iberia Halts Flights to Havana
- The Absurdity of "People-to-Castro" Travel
- How Castro Profits From Human Exploitation
- Tweets of the Week
- Absolute Fool of the Year
- Please, For the Sake of Journalism
- Senate Passes Unanimous Alan Gross Resolution
- WaPo: No Gross-for-Spies Deal
- U.N. Finds Gross Detention Against Int'l Law
- UNiTE Ignores Violence Against Women
- Arrests, Arrests and More Arrests
- Free Sonia Garro
- Immediate and Unconditional Release of Alan Gross
- The Violence and Impunity Continues
- Hostage-for-Prisoners Swap Unlikely
- Quote of the Week
- Tweets for Alan Gross
- Repercussions Are Overdue
- Three-Years Later: Time For Pressure
- From The State Department
- Girl Knifed for Supporting Dissidents
- Which Castro Ordered the Murder of Americans?
- ▼ 12/02 - 12/09 (26)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)