The President of the Community of Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre, visited today with Angel Carromero, the Spanish youth activist imprisoned for driving the car that crash and killed Cuban pro-democracy leaders Oswaldo Paya and Harold Cepero.
Carromero was convicted in a sham trial by the Castro regime and repatriated to Spain this week, where he will serve the remainder of his Cuban sentence.
After the visit, Aguirre denounced the torture-like conditions Carromero was subjected to by the Castro regime and called for an independent international investigation into the deaths of Paya and Cepero.
Paya's family -- and Carromero himself before being taken into custody -- holds that the car was rammed by another vehicle, presumably of secret police officials that had been following them for hours.
- ► 2014 (216)
- ► 2013 (1251)
12/30 - 01/06
- In Some Good News
- Punishing Rosa Maria Paya
- Cuba's Rosa Parks
- The EU's Immoral Ambassador to Cuba
- Dramatic Rise in Religious Freedom Violations
- How Castro Rules Venezuela
- Under Raul, Political Arrests Prevail
- (Yet) Another Repressor Gets a U.S. Visa
- Raul's Hallucinatory GDP Growth
- Tweet of the New Year
- Calls For Investigation Into Paya's Death
- Chavez on Life Support
- Our New Year's Wish
- It's Time to Take Off the Gag
- Remembering Danny Lopez de Moya
- A Voice of Solidarity From Spain
- On Carromero's "Trial"
- The Price Paid For Carromero's Repatriation
- ▼ 12/30 - 01/06 (18)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)